Real World Marketing Education
For the past few years, we’ve opened our doors to work with students from around the globe to provide a hands-on environment to explore or further develop their interests in Internet Marketing platforms. As a diverse marketing agency, we are aligned with current trends in online marketing and have proven that our progressive strategy delivers our clients increased results in their online promotional efforts.
Our curriculum provides a casual environment rich with opportunity in Web Development, Online Marketing Strategy Development, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Local/Mobile Search Strategy and Implementation, Social Media, Blog Writing, Email Marketing Public Relations, Brand Management, Video Marketing and Analytical Reporting. In addition to sharing global perspectives we also seek opportunities for students to participate in varied industries and environments.
Internet Marketing Internship Position Description
We regularly seek higher education students who are interested in gaining hands-on experience in a broad range of internet marketing platforms including web design, blogging, social media, email marketing and SEO/SEM techniques. This would be a great opportunity for a Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Graphic Arts or Programming Student to see how their skills can apply to the growing demand for internet application.
Possible Responsibilities Include:
- Managing Client Contact / Customer Service
- Supporting Social Media Marketing and SEO tasks
- Perform Keyword Research
- eMail Marketing Distribution / Data List Management
- Project Scheduling
- Content Research & Writing
- Weekly Review, Updates & Status Reporting
- Assist with Creative on Fliers & Web Graphics
- Foundational Work on Web Design Projects
- Strong command of the English language
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Applications
- Comfortable with Internet Navigation
- Skilled in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of HTML, XML, CSS is helpful, but not required
- Experience in Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and similar Social Media Platforms helpful
- Knowledge of WordPress a plus, but not required
- Attitude and interest to learn and contribute ideas to projects
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to provide your own Laptop Computer for independent work sessions (PC or MAC)
- Ability to work on location 30-40 hours
- Detail-oriented, positive, and reliable
Benefits & Compensation
This is a three-month unpaid internship opportunity that provides a complete internet marketing curriculum and hands-on work experience supporting businesses in a variety of industries. We provide a flexible, casual working culture and a 12-week theory, exercise and experience driven program that can be adapted to work with demanding course or work schedule; however, this accelerated pace has proven too intense for undergraduates. To receive the most benefit from the accelerated program, we suggest this be considered only by students who are considering Master’s programs or are nearing completion of their BS. We take great pride in making this a fulfilling extension of your learning experiences. Because of the wide variety of businesses we work with we are often able to cater to the experiential goals an intern may have for this experience. Students who have excelled in the theories and exercises presented in this program may be considered for contract or employment opportunities upon completion of this program.
College Course Credit
Our 12 week program consists of 6 weeks of comprehensive Internet Marketing education followed by 6 weeks of practical application. We are happy to complete any necessary paperwork or evaluations with University staff to enforce and support the requirements for your degree program. We can also provide a Program Syllabus that outlines the objectives and goals that will be accomplished during the 12 week program for their reference in applying for College Course Credit.
How To Apply
- Review our website thoroughly and identify three categories of our services that most intrigue you.
- Prepare a Cover Letter that identifies your current Degree path and how this program could support those efforts. Also identify the three categories chosen in Step 1 and what you hope to achieve by this program. Finally, please identify your current computer knowledge/skills (ie. PC or MAC? How would your rate your knowledge of Social Media on a rate of 1-5 with 5 being exceptional, What software applications are you strongest? Which ones would you like to work on to improve?, etc..)
- Submit your Resume with your cover message to Info@GoldenServicesGroup.com.
We typically accept 3-6 Intern opportunities each semester on a year round basis. Opportunities are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis and how your skills, qualifications and goals are aligned with the availability of current clients projects.
NOTE: We are under confidentiality agreements to protect and promote the brand of our client businesses. Because of this agreement, we ask every one of our Interns to complete a “Work Agreement” which will outline the terms in which we do business and protect all parties of their proprietary information.
ALLERGY WARNING: Our office is also the home of three friendly cats. Although it’s unlikely that they’ll be a distraction since they spend much of their daylight hours snoozing in a quiet spot, if you have feline allergies, we recommend you consider your health options prior to applying for this position. In addition, if weather permits, we may charge our creative energy with an outdoor classroom environment.